A brave young woman who was left blind in one eye after a horrific street attack has undergone further surgery on her eye.

Alanna Quinn Idris, 19, was left with life-changing injuries following the assault including a ruptured eyeball, broken cheekbone and a shattered tooth in the attack which happened on December 30, 2021 in Ballyfermot, Dublin.

Brave Alanna, who has already undergone several big procedures since the incident, has gone under the knife again at the Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, according to her dad Ahmed.

READ MORE - Brave Alanna Quinn Idris who lost eye in brutal street attack to undergo fifth operation next month

Despite numerous reconstructive surgeries, she has lost vision permanently in her right eye as a result of the attack.

In his latest tweet on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, Ahmed posted a photo of Alanna recovering in hospital with a large bandage over her eye.

He wrote: "Had another surgery yesterday. Fat was taken from stomach to reconstruct the eye socket which has sunken in."

He also gave special thanks to the staff at the hospital as his daughter recovers.

14/11/2023 Alanna Quinn Idris leaving court

Alanna’s latest operation comes as one of her attackers admitted last week to causing serious harm to Alanna in the attack.

Josh Cummins, of Raheen Drive in Ballyfermot, is to be sentenced next month for the attack.

Dublin Circuit Criminal Court heard last week Josh, 19, armed himself with a hurley and took part in a group attack on Alanna in December 2021.

Alanna was knocked unconscious and left with a shattered tooth, broken cheekbone, and a ruptured eyeball.

Cummins also pleaded guilty to three other charges; violent disorder, producing an implement capable of inflicting serious injury and assault causing harm to Ms Quinn Idris' friend Louis O'Sullivan.

The court was told that it was an organised retaliatory attack by four males who tracked and observed the two teenagers beforehand.

The victims got off a bus in Ballyfermot with a friend at around 9.30pm on 30 December 2021 and were waiting outside her house when the attack took place.

Alanna Quinn Idris

There had been a verbal altercation with another teen referred to in court as Suspect 'A' after they got off the bus.

He left but returned with three others including Cummins and Darragh Lyons, who earlier this year was jailed for four-and-a half years for his role in the attack.

Suspect 'A' walked away after the row, but the court heard he called Cummins, who arrived on the scene with Suspect 'B' on an electric scooter, followed by Lyons on a bike.

Cummins and Lyons began attacking Mr O'Sullivan with the hurley and the saddle and when Alanna tried to intervene she was hit in the face, fell to the ground and lost consciousness.

Some of the assailants jumped over her body to continue the attack and Mr O'Sullivan was hit eight times with the hurley and seven times with the saddle.

The court heard that Cummins had brought the hurley from his home and retrieved it from behind a tree when the attack began.

The attack stopped when a passing motorist intervened and both victims were taken to St James's Hospital.

Alanna had a broken eye socket and was transferred to the Eye and Ear hospital where it was discovered she was blind in her right eye. She underwent specialist surgery, including reconstructive surgery to her eye socket, which required bone to be grafted from her hip.

The teenager told the court last week that the attack has destroyed her confidence, she struggles in public, she constantly relives the moment and wonders if she will ever feel safe again.

In her victim impact statement, she said that the life she was supposed to live has been taken away from her, she was the victim of a vicious unnecessary assault and has gone through so much unnecessary pain and suffering.

"It set my life on a different course," she said, "I will have to live the rest of my life disabled. The woman I was supposed to be died that night."

Judge Pauline Codd commended Ms Quinn Idris for her courage and adjourned the sentence hearing until next month for defence pleas of mitigation.