Preston Parish Council

August 2018

1st August 2018. On the 26th July 2018 a article appeared in The Holderness Gazette regarding the Traffic Problems in Preston, The Parish Council is extremely grateful to The Gazette for reporting on this issue and highlighting the concerns of the residents and the Parish Council.

 

 Today 27th July 2018 the Preston Parish Council received a email from your Ward Councillor J.Dennis regarding the complaints received regarding traffic. A copy of the email can be seen by clicking on the heading below.

27th july Ward Councillors J. Dennis email.

 July 2018 The Parish Council has now 10/7/18 been advised by ERYC that it can co-op 2 new council members . Anyone interested in filling these rolls can contact the clerk for further information , the closing date for letters requesting consideration will be 20th August 2018. Please consider giving up some free time to support your local area and help support your fellow residents .

As of the 2nd July the Annual accounts are available to view , anyone interested please contact the clerk for information.

June 2018

27th June 2018 sees a letter going out to the Ward Councillors regarding Traffic in The Village and expressing the Parish Councils deep frustration , the letter is asking for support to address the issues and a copy can be viewed by clicking on the link directly below.

Further to the Ward Councillors receiving this letter they have confirmed their support and have also written to The Head of The ERYC council enclosing our letter, this letter can also be viewed by clicking on the link below.

27th June letter re Traffic

Ward Councillors Letter to ERYC.

 

The Charity Commission have been advised that Preston Parish Council has NO AFFILIATION with the Preston South Village Hall Charity and our information has been added without our knowledge or consent and as such we have written to advise it must be removed .

This month sees the resignation of two of our Parish Councillors Cllr Delaney and Cllr Whatling. The Council thanks them for all their hard work , committment and support . We now have two vacancies that are being advertised ( see below click to open ), or see notice boards, and look forward to gaining new members on board to help and support the Parish Of Preston.

Councillor Vacancy Advice form. (Click on to open)

 

Anyone wishing to obtain further information may contact the Clerk Mrs Jayne Ramsden who will be happy to answer you questions or you may wish to speak to an existing councillor to find out what is involved in the role of a Parish Councillor.

This month also sees meetings with representives of ERYC  to discuss Traffic in the village, we hope both these meetings will be successful in addressing the needs of the village.

May 2018

Preston Parish Council would like to invite residents to attend a meeting at Alexandra Hall in Hedon At 7pm June 11th 2018 .  The local police officers  Inspector Hinch and Sergeant Taylor will be in attendance to meet and answer questions in this public forum.

21st May saw the Clerk along with Councillors G Catterick, B.Mendham, G.Hunter and E. Whatling attend a meeting they had requested with the chief planning officers at East Riding Of Yorkshire Council. The Meeting was kindly organised by Ward Councillor Bryan after his attendance at our April Parish Council meeting. The meeting was an opportunity to raise issues the Parish Council feels are important to the residents about planning in our area. Planning is a concern and The Parish Council will continue to challenge the planners on behalf of the residents.

Thank you to those residents that attended the Annual Parish Meeting and to ward Cllrs Dennis & Steele for being there to support. The Parish Council very much appreciated all your contributions.

Following the Annual Parish meeting The Annual Meeting of the Parish Council took place with the election of Cllr G. Bell as chair voted in. Cllr Bell has many years experience as a councilor and continues to be a wealth of knowledge for the Council.

Cllr G. Catterick was voted in as Vice chair and is as committed as ever to attending meetings and forums that effect the Parish.

April 2018.

The date Of the Annual Parish Meetings has been agreed and will be held on 14th May 2018 at 7.30pm in the Preston Community Hall. Everyone welcome so please come along.

Bus service 277 is changing with effect from 6th May 2018, please see EYMS FOR MORE INFORMATION.

The Preston South Village Hall debris following the fire has now been cleared , the ground however is not level and ERYC have requested that playing or parking on this area is not recommended. Preston Parish Council wish to express thanks to all those involved in the clean up as the building did not belong to the councils the support was very much appreciated.

 

March 2018

Monday 19th March . The Preston South Village Hall was set alight and unfortunately has been destroyed. The EAST RIDING COUNCIL has been notified . The Hall is a private Charity and contact is being sort by the Council. At the present moment we have no information for concerned residents but will cascade information as we receive it. Please click on The emails received below to view the comments from Cllr Dennis.

Email received from Ward Councillor John Dennis 

Update email received 27th March 2018

February 2018

Street Beat Newletter provided by the Local Police is available to view in Newletter section of this Website.

Preston South within the Hu12 8xn postcode will have works to Complete the Ducting that started In December 2017 week commencing 19th February, There will also be Electritians working within the Pumping Station at the same time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is a statement from The National Grid

Nation Grid River Humber Gas Pipeline Replacement Project- Piling Works at Paull.

National Grid is undertaking works to replace a gas pipeline between Paull and Goxhill, The project includes the installation of a 5km tunnel under the River Humber which will be constructed by a tunnel boring machine (TBM). The TBM will begin its journey from our site in Goxhill and move under the River Humber to our site in Paull.

At Our site in Paull work will be taking place to prepare for the arrival of the TBM. This includes the construction of a vertical shaft to create a temporary opening in the ground to receive the tunnel. This is in important stage as it will enable the TBM to be lifted out and removed from the works.Concrete sections will be installed in the ground to form an interlocking wall.The process is called 'secant piling'. 

If you pass our site in Paull then you will see our piling rig in the process of constructing the shaft. We recognise that this work might raise some concerns locally that this work is associated with fracking and we would like to reassure the local community that this is not the case If you have any further questions then plese contact our community relations team on 0800 988 9144 or email nationalgrid@riverhumberpipeline.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Preston Emergency Plan is being reviewed during the next few months , the Plan needs to be updated as it has not been needed or reviewed for a number of years. The Plan requires some input from any residents able to help either with skills or equipment and a comprehesive letter will be going out asking for your support.

January 2018

Thank you to those residents who alerted Cllr Whatling to the large lorry that caused damage to the verges and bollards along Manor Road, on the early morning of Friday 19th  January .This incident has been reported to ERYC . Following this item being reported by BBC Radio Humberside and interviews with Cllrs Bell & Catterick as well as local residents , The Council are pleased to confirm that work started at 7.30am Friday 26th January to repair the Bollards and the Damage to the road.

December 2017

Once again the Main Street was decorated with approximately 30 christmas trees , these were partly funded by the home owners and the Parish Council and we hope they were enjoyed by all during the festive period. The large tree within the Church Grounds was also sourced by the Parish Council and kindly donated to the village of Preston by SANDHILL GARDEN CENTRE  for which we thank them greatly. Also a big well done to our gardener/handyman who did a brilliant job of erecting , trimming the trees , Thanks Mike.

The Parish Council wishes everyone a very Happy New year.

 

November 2017 

The parish Council will be laying its Rememberence Wreath at the War Memorial within the Church Grounds on Saturday 11th November shortly before 11am , followed by the two minutes silence . All residents are Invited to attend.

Mr Jack Lowe a resident of Preston for 90 yrs recently visited the Clerk to show his new Medal . Jack has been awarded the Peace Medal by the Government of Korea, please see the copy of the letter and the certificate he also recieved on our images page. Naturally Jack is very proud of this achievement and as a Parish council we wish to share his pride with the wider community and wish him huge congratulations.

 

September 2017.

The clerk is very happy to advise that she has now successfully completed Level 2 of her Training and obtained her ILCA qualification which also equates to 8 CPD POINTS . The Next stage level 3 is the CILCA qualification. This training and assessment is allocated to a full year and 6 mths to complete the portfolio requirements and the Clerk intends to start this early in the new year.

August 2017.

The council office will be closed from Thursday 10th August until Tuesday 22nd August 2017.

Following the council meeting on 10th July 2017 which was very well attended by local residents, several residents raised the issue of the traffic situation in Preston and the concerns they have with examples of how the situation effects them and their families, the council has contacted ERYC several times recently with requests to review the situation but to no avail.The residents at the meeting expressed a wish to  contact the ERYC  themselves which the council fully supports and with that in mind would like to provide residents with a few pointers and a point of contact.These will follow shortly once the clerk has had them from the ERYC.

July 2017 

The Clerk has obtained a supply of the Kitchen Caddy Bags for a trial , she recognises that some residents may have difficulty getting into Hedon to obtain these bags and would like to say that residents of Preston now have an opportunity to collect theirs from the office situated behind the Community Hall, The clerks hours are 10am -1.30 pm mon , tues weds and fri, however she does have to make some outside visits ,bank post office, posters etc and on these occasions will endevour to leave a few rolls outside the office in case anyone visits during these times.

April/May 2017

The council recieved notification from a resident  that a structure had been put up at Cranswick Country Foods , as our understanding is this was to be temporary structure but from evidence seen the structure looks to be of a permanent nature .ERYCC Enforcement has been to view and at the moment we are awaiting their response.The council Thanks the resident for bringing this to their attention and upon further news will update accordingly.